Deephaven Data Labs is a leading-edge data software provider. The primary product is an end-to-end data platform used primarily by customers involved directly with the capital markets – hedge funds, securities trading operations, and banks with direct market access. Deephaven’s product is a Java application that runs on a variety of systems (Windows, Linux, and macOS clients; and Linux servers, cloud systems, and containers). Users interact with the product using Groovy, Python, Java, C++, R, C#, and SQL.
This position is best for an intellectually curious person — like MacGyver — who would like to tackle a wide breadth and mix of technical problems, rather than being pigeonholed into a single area. This position will:
- Help clients use our technology to implement their trading strategies and quantitative analytics.
- Support clients using our technology.
- Debug and troubleshoot client applications and installations.
- Performance tune client applications and installations.
- Teach clients how to use our technology.
- Support new client demonstrations and other sales activities.
- Suggest new features.
- Help produce technical documentation and sales materials.
Software engineers at our Colorado Springs site may need to spend some time initially at our New York office while learning to navigate our code base.
- Self driven, self organized, proactive, highly motivated, personable, and intelligent.
- Deep curiosity and interest in learning new things.
- Interest in learning about and understanding complex software systems.
- Enjoy helping users.
- Obsession with producing quality results.
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent debugging skills.
- Programming experience (e.g., Java, C++, Python).
- Excellent math skills.
- Understanding of algorithmic complexity.
- Experience with statistical software (e.g., R, Matlab, Mathematica, Python, etc.)
- Experience with a CLI.
- Some experience with database software.
- Basic understanding of threaded and distributed computing.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Well-developed sense of urgency.
- Financial experience is not required.
Compensation & Benefits:
At Deephaven, we want happy and fulfilled employees.
- Our compensation is designed to attract the best.
- We offer a generous vacation policy.
- We encourage you to work when you are most productive.