Deephaven Data Labs provides a next-generation data analytics platform, currently used primarily in the financial markets. We are a team of world-class software engineers and data scientists. As part of an effort to increase our client base, Deephaven will be open-sourcing a few key parts of our system.
Our Developer Relations Engineers will be primarily responsible for building and growing both an online and offline community for our OSS product. This includes:
- Developer advocacy
- Developer experience
- Product direction
- Example use-cases
- Integrations with other products
- Community management
This is a very large scope of responsibilities that ranges from software engineering to blogging. One day you may be developing code to use Deephaven to ingest real-time data from a drone, and the next day you may be creating a vlog showing new users how to deploy Deephaven on a GCP Kubernetes cluster. The exact nature of the work on any given day will vary based upon what is necessary to build and grow the community.
Our Developer Relations Engineers must be first and foremost legit engineers. Our end-user engineers and data scientists only trust other engineers and data scientists. We must earn the trust of the community. Additionally, clear communication, prolific work, good listening skills, responsiveness, and creativity are required.
- Self-driven, self-organized, proactive, highly motivated, personable, and intelligent.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with thorough attention to detail.
- Deep curiosity and interest in learning new things.
- Obsession with producing quality results.
- Background in Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Science, Physical Science, Engineering, Economics, or other quantitative fields.
- Programming experience (e.g., Python, R, Groovy, Go, Rust, Java, C++, Matlab, Mathematica).
- Excellent mathematical skills.
- Clear written and verbal communication.
- Ability to simply explain complex subjects.
- Prolific worker.
- Good listening skills.
- Well-developed sense of urgency.
- Broad variety of technical interests.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Linux / Unix is a plus.
- Prior experience promoting OSS is a plus.
Compensation & Benefits
At Deephaven, we want happy and fulfilled employees.
- Our compensation is designed to attract the best.
- We offer a generous vacation policy.
- We encourage you to work when you are most productive.
- Resume or LinkedIn profile
- Technical writing sample
- Technical talk or slides sample
- Brief descriptions or links to any relevant work you have done (e.g. GitHub repositories, project websites, talks, social media, etc.)
- Online coding challenge.
- One or more interviews with our crew.