Deephaven Data Labs is a leading-edge data software provider. The primary product is an end-to-end data platform used primarily by customers involved directly with the capital markets – hedge funds, securities trading operations, and banks with direct market access. Deephaven’s product is a Java application that runs on a variety of systems (Windows, Linux, and macOS clients; and Linux servers, cloud systems, and containers). Users interact with the product using Groovy, Python, Java, C++, R, C#, and SQL.
Deephaven is searching for a Junior DevOps Engineer in either our Colorado Springs, Colorado, or our New York City, New York, offices.
We are a small crew with big goals, and we are in the process of growing our core team.
DevOps Team responsibilities:
- Deephaven build / QA environment
- Automated build/deploys (Jenkins, Gradle, Git)
- Packaging and deployment mechanisms (Yum, Apt, Dpkg, rpm, deb)
- Release management
- Production environment management
- Monitoring cloud systems (Google, Amazon Cloudwatch, Stackdriver)
- Authentication/authorization (IAM, LDAP, Active Directory)
- System Security (Encryption/TLS, Authentication/Access control, oAuth, etc.)
- IT support for development environment
- Support developers as required
- Developers Support Tools (aha/artifactory/gitlab/reviewboard)
- Determine and implement changes to development environment as needs evolve
- Company back office support (Gmail/Web Hosting/SSL/Desktop Support)
- Software deployment
- Modern deployment technologies (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Cloud environments (AWS, GCE)
- Suggesting hardware environments for clients
Deephaven is a meritocracy, not a bureaucracy. Our priority is for you to focus on what you love and do best: technology infrastructure.
- Self-driven, self-organized, proactive, highly motivated, personable, and intelligent.
- Can can comfortably work alone on assigned tasks setting up Linux/Windows Servers, VMs, networking, storage, and other sys admin tasks
- Two+ years of practical experience in Linux system administration and DevOps
- The ability to produce produce detailed written technical documentation and diagrams (Wiki/Google docs, etc.) for any tasks and work items assigned. (system administration procedures, system maintenance)
- Very strong Linux systems, virtualization, and network skills
- Strong Git and build automation ci/cd tools
- Good coding and scripting skills (Java/Python/Groovy/Bash) for building automation solutions
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Configuration automation skills (Salt, Ansible)
- AWS, Google cloud provider environments (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Concepts and capabilities of cloud platforms
- Management and automation tools
- Security considerations
- Windows and Mac desktop management skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Interest in learning about and understanding complex software systems.
The person in this role will be expected to adapt quickly and learn new toolsets in a startup-like environment; we are more concerned with mental flexibility and temperament than specific skill sets.
Compensation & Benefits:
At Deephaven, we want happy and fulfilled employees.
- Our compensation is designed to attract the best.
- We offer a generous vacation policy.
- We encourage you to work when you are most productive.